Thursday, January 31, 2013

01/31/13 - Day 37 - Sent gift to random friend #1

A facebook friend of mine was sent a gift today.  He will receive this gift because he was one of five people to respond to a chain letter facebook post of mine.  I usually think chain letters are pointless, superstitious garbage but this was like a pay-it-forward-good-deed chain letter so I got pretty pumped about it. 

I think it made the rounds at the beginning of the year and you may have seen this post.  I changed it a little bit, mostly because I thought the original post sounded too girly or like something on pinterest.  Here is what mine read: 

Pay-It-Forward: The first five people to comment on this status will receive from me a gift! Sometime in the next year it will show up at your house! There will be no warning, and it will happen whenever the mood strikes me. The catch? Pay it forward. Be nice to people in the new year. 2013: the year of not being a total dick.

I think the original post told people they had to post the pay-it-forward challenge as their status in order to receive a gift.  I didn't want to make it a conditional gift so I just told people to be nice in the new year. 

The first friend to receive a gift is one that I'm not super close with so this made it especially fun.  I never promised that these gifts would be expensive or large or anything really.  So here are the three gifts my friend received:

1.  The Great Sandwich Detective Paper Doll cut out.

2.  Hall and Oates "Private Eyes" 45 record.

3.  A personally crafted "Funky Soul Fo Yo Ass" Mix CD. 
check it:  Most of the playlist (what Itunes had)

These might sound like white elephant gifts but I think this friend will really enjoy them.  I also enclosed a letter that should make him laugh. 

In other news...there are so many things I wanted to do today and I did nearly none of them.  Here they are in no particular order. 

what i didn't do
-Signup for Fight for Air Climb, Train for Run W/ The Eagles Half Marathon, Sign up for Half Marathon in town, Call Nursing Home and set up gig, clean upstairs, get boot polish, get suit dry cleaned, figure out how to record songs on my computer, look up costs of pa for gigs, figure out some crossfit workouts for workout club, look up self publishing or books and magazines info.

what i did do
-look up procol harum on spotify, get music for radio show, took a shower. 

Money spent so far:  $132.61


No comments:

Post a Comment