Monday, January 7, 2013

01/07/13 - Day 13 - Create A Pepper

Create a pepper!  Yeah!  It sounds weird because it is.  It's for a good cause though and I actually created a beautiful pepper.  Chili's (the restaurant) set up a program on their website so everyone can have a little fun decorating a chili pepper and to share their pepper they must donate at least $2 to St. Jude's Childrens' Hospital.  They have a very lofty goal of 50 million dollars in 10 years.  Chili's is actually donating all their profits on September 24th to St. Jude's so even if you don't go out to eat very often that would be a good day to patronize Chili's.  I am a poor do gooder so I only donated $2.  But something is better than nothing right?  Right.  Here's my pepper by the way:



I call it "Butterfly In The Sky."  Like Reading Rainbow?  Get it.  Yeah.  I'm pretty good.

Create your own:  Create A Pepper

There is another super awesome opportunity on the job front.  A chance to work at a local animal shelter just opened up and I would be absolutely pumped to have a job there.  I love animals.  I love this particular shelter and have visited the animals there numerous times.  It is really an awesome force for good in my community.  I doubt the job would pay very much knowing that it is a small nonprofit organization.  The job description did say full time employment so I hope that would include some type of benefits and steady hours.  It would be great to feel able to make a difference at work every day and to do something I actually believe in.  The amount of days I have gone to work and felt like I actually did something worthwhile totals zero.  That shit has gone on long enough.  Even if this isn't the job I end up with I still feel like that is definitely a new goal I want to follow. 

Money spent so far:  $68.89

No comments:

Post a Comment