Monday, January 14, 2013

01/14/13 - Day 20 - APL and Brokedown Car

My freaking monitor on my computer broke!  I am updating from my phone and texting this with my thumbs.  Not a good way to write.  I am going to come back and update this when I get my monitor fixed but to make a long story short...I donated to the Animal Protective League and tried to help a person with a broken car.

I got my monitor fixed so here I am updating a day later again.  Rehashing what happened yesterday is like trying to polish a turd.  But I'm gonna try and polish it as best I can.

On my way to work in the morning a car broke down right in front of me.  I was waiting at a stoplight and I saw this car's hazard lights start blinking.  I remember this exact scenaria happening to me before and getting really irritated.  Today when it happened I was already running a little late to work but I was geniunely excited that I might get to do something randomly nice for someone.  It feels good to not be a dick all the time.

I pulled in front of the brokedown car in the middle of a relatively busy street and got out to ask if they needed help.  The woman driving said she was on her way to work and the car just died.  She looked nervous talking to me.  I think she felt like she was talking to a cop or something.  The gentleman in the passenger seat said he had put some water in the anti-freeze tank and said the car would probably start right back up it just needed a chance to cool down.  I volunteered to give them a ride to her work until they could figure out what to do with the car.  They said that this had happened to them earlier in the week and they just had to wait a little while but that they appreciated the offer.  Right after they said this the car started!  

So I didn't really get a chance to do anything nice.  I was still happy she was able to make it to work.  Hopefully they can get their car serviced soon so it won't keep breaking down.  I don't know if these people really trusted me enough to let me give them a ride to where they needed to go and that made me a little sad but at least I still offered. 

I have talked about trying to get a job at the Animal Protective League so I decided to donate to the organization yesterday.  They are a really great group that does awesome work for abandoned and hurting animals in our community.  They are run completely on donations without any assistance from the government and they do a really great job promoting themselves.  They have an awesome website and newsletter.  Donate if you like what you see:

Animal Protective League

Money spent so far:  $82.63

No comments:

Post a Comment