Thursday, January 17, 2013

01/17/13 - Day 23 - Live Positively (free)

Happy Birthday to my Grandma!  I wasn't able to get a hold of her on the phone and I didn't send her a gift or a card or anything.  I'm a shitty grandson.  I did leave her a message and I sent her an email that included the following meme from my dog:


My Grandma is a sucker for Daisy.  Despite her grumpy exterior Daisy is a pretty sweet dog.  So I think my Grandma will like it.

I lived positively today.  This is not my way of saying that I tried to make some conscious decision to think or act more positively today.  I actually participated in the Live Positively program that the Coca-Cola company set up as a way to give to worthy causes.  There are a number of different ways you can participate in their program without actually giving any money. 

Choose You

Choose You is a program that helps women with health education and early detection of cancer.  It also provides motivation and info on quitting smoking, eating right, exercising, and all other good things that help to eliminate cancer causing agents.  If you share a link to their page on your facebook wall then Sprite Zero donates $1 to the Choose You organization.  All you have to do is hit the link above and follow the directions.  Easy, kind, and free! 

Today I had my first job shadow at the Animal Protective League and it was pretty awesome.  The people that work there are all really nice and geniune people and the dogs and cats are of course the greatest.  I didn't get paid for today because it was like a semi interview.  Let the staff there get to know me and size me up.  It also gave me a real glimpse into what the APL does.  It is a lot of cleaning up poop and pee.  But there are some pretty great animals too.  Here are few:


This is Sebastian.  He is little and pathetic and cries like a human baby when he wants attention.


This is Lexi.  She is a year old beautiful pitbull that just wants to play and eat and play and run!

Money spent so far:  $83.08

No comments:

Post a Comment