Thursday, January 10, 2013

01/10/13 - Day 16 - Donated blood (free)

I was not a very pleasant person today.  I spent most of the first half of the day trying to find a job.  I secured an interview a few days ago that was scheduled for this morning.  I got all dressed up for the interview to work at a place where everyone wears blue jeans.  I had worked at this company before but I was applying for a higher position.  Unfortunately, they want you to sign a document saying that you are willing to relocate which I am not willing to do.  I did let them know I was interested in a non manager position if it was full time.  We'll see what comes of that.

I also got a call back from the Animal Protective League and scheduled an interview.  Unfortunately that job is minimum wage.  I don't think I can handle that.  Not with the bills I need to pay.  I would love to have that job but I didn't think it would pay so little.  I'm going to go the interview anyway.  If I can get them to match what I'm making now at my part time job it would be worth it to me. 

I get my hopes up a little too much when I apply for these jobs and then when they aren't exactly what I want I get cranky.  This resulted in my foul mood for most of the day.   I still managed to do a good thing though. 

My anonymous attack of kindness today was donating blood.  I figure it's relatively anonymous because the person who will be receiving my blood has no idea it's coming from me.  The ladies at the blood center sure know who I am by now though.  Check this out:

If you can't make it out in the picture, that is my one gallon donor pin.  They actually made me give double the amount today.  The lady that asked me all the screening questions was a British vegetarian.  I found this out because she had an accent (obvious) and because she was testing my iron to see if I was eligible to give a double amount of blood.  I mentioned that I hoped it wasn't low because I was a vegetarian.  She mentioned she was a vegetarian as well and told me that my iron was high.  This showed that I was adequately replacing the protein I had previously received in my diet from meat.  Pretty good stuff.  Giving blood is a weird thing.  It's just controlled bleeding into a bunch of little bags.  It's a good thing to do because people need it but it's still weird.

Applied for a three more jobs today.  Don't really want any of them but desperate times and all that...

Money spent so far:  $69.34

No comments:

Post a Comment