Friday, January 4, 2013

01/04/13 - Day 10 - Squidoo and found money (free)


Today I squidood.  Or squidooed.  I set up a lens on this site squidoo.com.  It's a pretty cool idea.  Once you have an account you create lenses.  These are little web pages about anything.  It's pretty open to interpretation.  You could write a lens about film critiques, top ten lists, pictures of your kids, personal ramblings, European history, physics, whatever.  I set one up about songwriting.  The reason setting up a lens on this website is a good thing is all royalties earned go to a charity.  You try to make your lens be something that people would want to use.  All the ad revenue generated goes to a charity of your choosing.  (I chose ASPCA.)

Although the website makes it super easy to navigate and set everything up I found the writing of the lens to be pretty tough.  I think I know what it takes to write a song.  Maybe not the best song in the world, but certainly a song that is complete with a beginning, middle, and end.  When I actually started to try and figure out how to put that into words it wasn't so easy. 

What I have so far is listed here:

Wanna write a song?

I don't pretend that it's the best lens ever put on this website but I hope it will generate some "lifetime royalties" for the ASPCA.  If it doesn't do that hopefully it will help an aspiring songwriter get out of writer's block.  As of today it is just a skeleton of a lens.  I'm going to try to expand upon what I know about songwriting and include that in there as I go.  So far so bad.  No visits and no lifetime royalties. 

Awesome random bonus good thing today.  I went to the local dvd rental place tonight.  We had to cancel the satellite tv, so we recently went back to renting dvds like a couple of hobos.  I saw a guy leaving the parking lot as I was entering.  I get out of my car and spot three dollar bills folded up lying right by where the guy was parked.  I'll admit my first thought was "Awesome!  Free movies for me tonight!"  Then I actually got more excited because I could do an extra anonymous kindness attack.  A legitimately anonymous one!  I asked the person working to put the three dollars back on the previous customer's account (it was obvious he was the previous customer because the place was empty except for me.)  Maybe that guy won't even notice that three extra dollars is on his account but I don't care.  It was his and he will get it back so long as he returns the dvds he rented.   

Money spent so far:  $66.89


No comments:

Post a Comment