Saturday, February 2, 2013

02/01/13 - Day 38 - Sent gift to random friend #2

Today was pretty awesome.  I had an interview with the Big Brothers Big Sisters organization here in my hometown.  It was a very interesting meeting.  I initially felt like I was going to job interview and I defintely dressed like it.  The woman who interviewed me is my case handler and placement coordinator.  She was very nice and gave me a lot of information.  She said she had a tough time reading me right away.  I took that in a negative way at first but she explained what she meant was that she had a tough time reading who would be the best little brother for me.  I explained that I have no preconceived notions or expectations about what my little brother should be other than that I would like him to be 10 or under.  She said the matching process could take up to a month.  I'm pumped.

Another facebook friend of mine was sent a gift today.  She will receive this gift because she was one of five people to respond to a chain letter facebook post of mine.  She was actually the one to initially post the chain letter facebook post that I responded to.  I should actually be getting a gift from her sometime in 2013 also. 

This friend and I are not super close.  I do know she likes to run and loves farmers markets and organically grown food.  Here are the gifts she received:

1.  Monkey Headphones.  Headphones that look like little monkey heads and they keep your ears warm.

2.  A blinky LED light for running.  This keeps you safe while you're jogging in the dark.

3.  A personally crafted "Farmers Market" Mix CD. 
Check it:  earthy and heartfelt tunes

In other news...I really screwed up my Friday night.  I forgot to track my on air shift earlier in the day so I had to go out to the station at 9:30pm and I didn't get finished until now.  Suck. 

Oh well I didn't have any money anyway so I don't know what I thought I was going to do. 

Money spent so far:  $137.09

No comments:

Post a Comment