Sunday, February 3, 2013

02/02/13 - Day 39 - Signed up for Fight For Air Climb

Tardiness is one of my vices. 

Here is a quicklist of stuff that I did yesterday.  I will update when I get back from work.

1.  Signed up my band for the Fight For Air Climb. 
Update:  The American Lung Association puts on this event in my city (and a bunch of other cities) every year.  It's called the Fight For Air Climb because it benefits lung cancer research but also because you will literally be fighting for air as you climb up 32 flights of stairs.  I have wanted to sign up for this event for the past few years and for various reasons haven't until now.  I took the plunge and pushed my band in along with me.  I actually signed up my band as a team that I will be representing.  I did invite them to participate but it's coming up relatively soon.  I don't know how physically prepared all of them feel.  In fact, I don't know how prepared I really am.  This is also a fundraiser.  My personal goal is $100 and so far I only have $25.  I'm not a huge fan of fundraisers because I don't like asking people for money.  Hopefully it won't be hard to reach my goal.

2.  Made my wife breakfast and went to get a pizza!
Update:  I forgot the awesomeness of Papa Murphy's Gourmet Veggie pizza.

3.  Watched Super 8.
Update:  This movie is pretty much J. J. Abrams homage to all of Steven Spielberg's science fiction movies.  That is just fine because I'm a big fan of Abrams and Spielberg.  This movie is awesome.

4.  Hung out in my secret room most of the day
5.  Was sort of lazy. 
Update:  This was nice because my wife doesn't usually hang out with me in my man cave area but it really is the warmest place in the house right now.  Plus her computer works pretty well in here.  So we hung out in here most of the day. 

6.  Helped my mother in law with computer.
Update:  I mentioned in a previous kindness attack that I am the "go to guy" for my mother-in-law when it comes to computer problems.  She called again today to ask for some help and even publicly thanked me on her facebook page for helping her out. 

Money spent so far:  $162.09

No comments:

Post a Comment