Sunday, February 17, 2013

02/17/13 - Day 54 - Not For Sale

I have never had much faith in humanity.  Unfortunately my beliefs were only reaffirmed today.  I can't believe how fucking cruel and awful humans can be.

Recently I've had a couple "friends" that have just decided to completely cut my wife out of their life.  They have given no real reason and shown no regard for anyone's feelings.  I am trying to deal with my anger is a constructive way but when somebody hurts my wife's feelings it makes me furious. 

I also read a story about how people are leaving razor blades in sausages and anti freeze in water bowls at dog parks around the country.  I have read stories like this before but I never let it really sink in and infuriate me the way I did today.  The depth of cruelty that some people show is sickening.  I get so angry I want to throw up. 

I have also been trying to get more educated about human trafficking.  So I read many heartbreaking stories about that.  It has been a rough day. 

My random kindness attack today was to buy a book from notforsale.org.  This is an agency and website that was started by Dr. David Balstone.  Initially he wanted just write a book that investigated human trafficking and tried to offer solutions to fight this insidious evil.  He soon realized that he needed to do more and thus the agency was born. 

As part of my continuing education about this subject I purchased the book.  The funds from the book go toward the organization and hopefully the book will inspire me for some future acts of kindness.  If you want to buy the book go here:

Not For Sale Book

Money spent so far:  $241.55 

No comments:

Post a Comment