Friday, February 8, 2013

02/08/13 - Day 45 - PETA signup (free)

Since beginning this project I have really turned into a fucking hippie.  I know that isn't 100% true but it sure feels like it.  I actually went to PETA's website today and agreed with most of the information.  I really like animals more than people.  Animals are easy to love because they are mostly simple to understand.  They don't have any hidden agendas or secret plans. 

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is a group that sometimes comes off as a little insane.  I think they are really just brilliant at marketing.  They are all about publicity.  They realize there are some people they will never appeal to and whose minds they are never going to change.  They aren't trying to reach those people with their outrageous publicity stunts.

Apparently they are trying to work their way into the brain of people like me.  People that think that animals are awesome.  People who suddenly become vegetarian after a life of really enjoying meat because they watched a food documentary one night.

I signed their pledge to end animal homelessness.  You can do the same if you go here:

Fixing Animal Homelessness

Money spent so far:  $202.09

No comments:

Post a Comment