Friday, February 22, 2013

02/22/13 - Day 59 - Special Olympics Volunteer (free)

It has been a cold and long day today.  I woke up late and didn't eat breakfast and this made me feel pretty crummy the rest of the day.  My back hurt and then my head hurt and I just wanted to complain all day.  Ugh.  I hate it when I'm like this.  I definitely need to eat breakfast tomorrow.  It was the end of a long week of work. 

Also made a big mistake while recording my radio show tonight.  I forgot to hit a very specific button on the console therefore everything I was saying into the microphone was being broadcast live on the radio.  Fortunately, a friend called me and let me know so it was only for a minute or two.  Still I felt pretty mortified. 

I decided to volunteer for the Special Olympics.  There is an event in September in a nearby town and I am hoping that I will be available for it.  I know almost nothing about the Special Olympics but everyone that I've talked to about it says it's a pretty uplifting and inspiring program.  I'm excited about it.  I wish I commit to more volunteer time.  Volunteering always makes me feel less stressed.

Money spent so far:  $241.55

No comments:

Post a Comment