Friday, February 15, 2013

02/13/13 - Day 50 - Reviewed a friend's music (free)

I have been pretty lackadaisical about my blog updates lately.  This one comes two days late and the past two have been pretty lackluster.  So I am just going to try to do better.  It has been a somewhat different week as I am now actually invested in a full time job with full time hours.  It hasn't stopped me from carrying out my daily anonymous kindness attacks but it has kept me from being awake long enough to keep my updates on time. 

This was a long cold wet day.  My boots got soaked at the beginning of the day and stayed that way until the time I got home.  It made me cranky.

I got an email from a buddy of mine that asked me to do him a favor.  He asked me to review and give him notes on an album he had recently recorded.  He is a great songwriter and funded the recording of this latest batch of songs through kickstarter.  His kickstarter campaign was very successful and he was able to travel to Los Angeles for two weeks and record 12 songs with a very awesome and experienced producer.

I am not as good a songwriter as he is but I do have a really good ear for production and I listen to a shit ton of music.  Plus I know he asked me to do it because he respects my opinion about music.  Needless to say I am pretty pumped to be able to do this.  But it is going to be some work.  I began working on the project today.  I am not sure when I will be finished with it. 

My plan is to give him notes on

1.  production
2.  song order
3.  performance

and that's it.  I have listened to it a little bit and from what I've heard it sounds really great. 

Money spent so far:  $209.09

No comments:

Post a Comment