Wednesday, February 6, 2013

02/06/13 - Day 43 - Helped out stranded family

This has been my third day at that Animal Protective League and I have yet to share any photos of these precious animals. 




This is (in order from top to bottom) Elvira, Izzy, and Lexi.  They are three of dogs that I look after for my job.  I love my fucking job.  It's super fun and rewarding.  I know this is only my third day but it has been great so far. 

As I mentioned yesterday I helped out a friend by covering their shift yesterday.  I had the opportunity to help her again by covering her shift tonight as well.  After I left the APL and on my way to work my friend's shift I stopped at a gas station and ran into a guy who seemed very down on his luck.  He was from Nebraska and moving his whole family to Milwaukee, Wisconsin.  He was standing next to his driver's side door while his wife and dog and kids sat in the car.  He looked very distressed.  He explained to me that he had ran out of money because he didn't budget for gas properly and he had called his family asking them to help but that he wasn't having much luck getting a hold of anybody.  He may very well have been scamming me.  If it was a scam it was still one that required his whole family to wait in a cold gas station parking lot.  He had Nebraska license plates and was clearly far away from home.  I could see the back end of his car was weighed down just by looking at it.  I assumed this was what they were taking with them to Milwaukee. 

Honestly the guy just looked desperate.  I have felt desperate before and I wanted to help him out so I did.

Money spent so far:  $182.09

No comments:

Post a Comment