Sunday, February 17, 2013

02/16/13 - Day 53 - Drinks for friends

Today was a cool day. 

I was supposed to do The Fight For Air Climb today but I realized (shortly before I was about to leave) that they wanted me to raise more funds than I had planned.  I was sort of pissed off.  I readjusted my attitude quickly when I realized that I did raise some money for the American Lung Association and I am going to run up the 32 flights of stairs anyway.  I will probably do it tomorrow after I get off work.  I'm going to try and time it and make it a legit thing so I can compare it with the winner of the event.  I asked several of my friends to do it with me but nobody seems too excited about it. 

Got a chance to talk to a friend today that I don't get to see very often.  It's funny because we sort of are in the same phase of life right now without even trying to be.  We are both trying to figure out how to make a positive impact on the world around us.  It's not an easy thing to do for two people who were brought together because of our mostly smart ass and pessimistic attitudes.  He is expecting his first kid and that is super awesome.  I know him and his wife will be awesome parents and it was great to get to catch up.  Hopefully a visit to his home will be happening this summer.

My friends and I like to drink.  I am not usually the guy buying people drinks but tonight I actually did buy several for my friends.  I offered to buy several more but only a couple took me up on the offer.  I don't know how much of a positive impact buying somebody an alcoholic beverage at a bar on a Saturday night really makes for the world.  But I know it was time for me to try to payback people for all the drinks they've bought me through out the past 10 years.  This really is just a drop in the bucket. 

Money spent so far:  $221.55

No comments:

Post a Comment