Sunday, March 10, 2013

03/08/13 - Day 73 - Failed attempts and messages (free)

While everyone else was out enjoying their Friday, I was out working through my Wednesday.  It's just the way my schedule lined up this week but I have my days off on Monday and Tuesday.  So this is really the middle of my work week.  I worked all day and well into the night. 

On my way back home from tracking my radio on air shifts there were two opportunities for anonymous kindness attacks that didn't really pan out. 

First, there was dog in the middle of the road.  It was cold and rainy and dark and there in the middle of the street was a dog barking at me.  It had a collar on but there was really no reason that a dog should be out that in the middle of the night.  I got out of my car to see if I could get him to come over to me.  He immediately backed off.  Slowly at first and barking the whole time.  I could see this wasn't going to be easy.  I got closer and crouched down to make myself less imposing.  This didn't work either and seemed to just scare/piss him off more.  He ran into someone's front yard and close to someone's home.  I thought this might be the people who own the dog and it was my cue to get back in my car and get gone.  It was late.  I gave up.

Second,  I was nearly back home and I spotted a car with it's hazards on in a ditch.  I stopped on the shoulder and got out but there was nobody in the car.  Hopefully the person had found the help they needed.  I wasn't needed here. 

So I sent a message to a friend of mine from high school to let her know that I still thought about her and wished her and her family the best.  She sent me back a super nice message and it was awesome.

Money spent so far:  $308.53 

No comments:

Post a Comment