Sunday, March 3, 2013

03/02/13 - Day 67 - Kiss a pig fundraiser (free)

One of my do gooder friends is always trying to raise funds for some significant cause.  She's a local celebrity that rubs elbows with the rich side of town so she usually has no problem picking up dough.  (I don't really know if that's true.  She is a charming and lovely person which is why she probably easily raises funds.)  She ask me to contribute some entertainment to the night's festivities at a local tavern and I was super pumped to oblige. 

It was fun. 

There were even little pig cookies that her mom made.  I ate about 6 of them.  Well over my fair share.  While I wasn't singing (a bit drunkenly) I was a sort of bullying emcee for the evening.  I think at one point I instructed bar patrons to "reach in their pockets and take the biggest bill and throw it in the fucking tip jar!"  I dunno.  It worked I think.  A lot of money was raised.

The way the "kiss a pig" thing works is this:  people sign up to raise funds for a cause (in this case the American Diabetes Association) whoever raises the most money gets to have the "honor" of everyone watch them kiss a pig.  I thought this was a thing that everybody knew about.  We did it at my high school's pep rallies and shit.  But my wife was pretty confused by the whole deal. 

I do think that it was successful though.  My guitar case was full of dollar bills. 

Money spent so far:  $258.54

No comments:

Post a Comment