Sunday, December 30, 2012

12/30/12 - Day 5 - Clean the House and Click for Food (free)

Today seemed to go by too damn fast.  I woke up early and started getting nervous about trying to squeeze some kindness into the day.  I decided it was time to clean the house.

Cleaning the house is a little self serving but the kindness was really directed towards my wife.   She's always doing nice things for me like cooking and cleaning and reseaching cool high paying jobs that I could apply for.  Time to repay a little bit.  Cleaned the upstairs first because she had fallen asleep on the couch downstairs.  Finished in record time and wasn't even late for work. 

The other thing I did today was hardly an attack of kindness.  It's a just a bizarre thing that happens on the internet.  It's a click for food thing.  I only know about two of these that are legit. 

1.  The Hunger Site

2.  Free Kibble

I'm sure there are more.  Further research is necessary.  I'm on the internet every day so I'm going to try and make this a regular thing I try to do.  They both work with sponsors and every time somebody goes to the site and clicks a button good stuff happens.  The sponsors donate a set amount to get food to starving people or to animals in shelters.  Pretty awesome and super easy.  So easy that I am very suspicious of it.  Both of these website didn't ask for anything though and the marketing actually worked.  They are both loaded with advertisements for their sponsors and I clicked on several of the links that I saw.  I will probably end up donated to some of them later on in the year.

I also tried to get out and be more social today.  Many of my friends were getting together for an evening of social drinking.  I usually sit these events out because I am a little bitch.  I decided to go ahead and go.  I arrived late and cut out early but at least I was there.  By no means am I saying that my presence at the event was a kindness on my part, just that I did make a purposeful effort to get out a do something. 

Money spent so far:  $19.87

No comments:

Post a Comment